Saturday 12 November 2011

on the other side, 4 days post op and its not been a good day

I was going to blog sooner, but to be quite honest, I just couldnt be bothered. 
Today is four days post op, and I have had the most dreadful day really. I got myself really upset and worked up last night so did not sleep well, was awake at 5:15 (prague time) and couldn't get back to sleep, when I eventually did I slept in till nearly 10, which was nice as I have been woken no later than 9 every day this week. The nurse came in around 10/10:30 to tell me I can have a shower, she helped my take off all the stuff and I twinged myself where my left drain had been, the pain was sharp and quick, and I thought I was ok for a minute then I started to go dizzy, my vision blurred, head spinned, i went cold but roasting, shaky, was awful, not felt like that since I did my toe in under dads door. I twinged it again later but apart from the pain, nothing happened. I also had to cough earlier, painful, must not for the next few weeks cough, sneeze, hiccup or violently laugh, it hurts alot, if I get a cold, I will cry.
As for the rest of the days since my last blog, monday was pretty boring, I had blood tests and an ecg, a chat with the surgeon where she drew all over me in blue pen, and then a chat with the doctor, who seemed more interested in being amazed at my tattoos than telling me how fit I was, but I had a clean bill of health, Thank god!
Tuesday I had to be up at 6am to have a shower, get my stuff together and be at the hosp for 7, when I got there I found I was sharing a room with a german lady having her boobs and eyelids done (and who was also the owner of the whingy crying child I had heard pretty much constant since sunday aft), I had to put on a backless gown, so my naked bum was sticking out the back, and, thigh high white deep vein thrombosis socks, how very sexy ha! I had a cannula in my hand before leaving my room, which hurt, an injection in my thigh which also hurt, and then in the theatre, I cried my eyes out as they put me to sleep, was sooo painful!
I had quite bad pain immediately after waking up, but something they did made it almost disappear immediately, and it has just been mostly uncomfortable since. I had to move around from day one, just walking to and from the loo, then the next day I had to walk back to my apartment, haunched over like an old lady, ha. The days following were pretty much blah, bit uncomfy but nothing major till I had my drains out yesterday, again, I cried, It hurt alot, and it made the most awful noise, I am so glad they came out thow, looked and felt like an alien carrying round two long tubes with pods on the end with my blood in, eurgh. Oh and while changing my bandages today I had clean my bellybutton with a big cotton bud, its all numb and feels super wierd, and I can still feel the wadding now. After having my stuff off for a while today I am very aware of my incisions today, they do hurt abit and throb a fair bit, it hope it calms back donw tomorrow.
Anyway, super long post, but if anyone is interested in having a tummy tuck, there you go, I like to share.
I may pop out for some neccessities tomorrow, fingers crossed im feeling more normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment